features to get the song out of your head
and out to the world
It’s never been easier to combine lyrics and chords together.
Just tap to add a chord, and drag to move it. No more mashing spacebars!
- Record an audio demo for each section, or record a quick demo of the entire song
- Record a melody and/or rhythm idea for as many lines as you wish
- Easily play your song by tapping through your chords when you don’t have (or don’t play) your guitar
- Rename, reorder, or duplicate lines + sections
- Easy song transposition
- Full-screen mode for live performance
Just want to record something fast?
Record a quick idea with one tap, and develop it into a full song when you’re ready.
When you’re ready to share your song, VCVCBC makes it easy.
- Share VCVCBC files to collaborate with your songwriting friends
- Save songs as PDFs, text or ChordPro files, either directly to Dropbox or over email
- Create MIDI or audio files from your melody and rhythm ideas
- Export songs directly into OnSong to create your original set lists
- Print directly to any AirPrint-compatible printer
Write or copy lyrics into VCVCBC.
When you’re ready to add chords, your space between lines will determine the sections.
For your convenience, a great rhyming dictionary is built-in (requires online connectivity).
When there’s a melody in your head, you want to get it recorded before it’s lost.
Figure out the key and scale fast with the simple voice keyboard.
We’ll highlight the key and scale, but leave all the notes, just in case.
Or, if you prefer the comfort of the piano keyboard, it’s here for you as well.
Select a key, and choose from one of our 20+ chord progressions to get started.
Want more control? Make your own chords with our easy and powerful chord builder.
Strum the on-screen guitar strings to try your own strumming patterns.
Standard, easy-to-use drum pads help you record a rhythm fast.
Use one of four built-in kits to get a quick feel of the rhythm you’re after.
Some ideas just need to get out without worrying about a tempo,
but sometimes you want to be more precise.
Open the metronome, set a level, and tap to set the tempo quickly.
Need to record exactly at 143 BPM?
Organize Your Music
Browse through your ideas by type. Sort them by title, date, key or tempo.
Pull down a bit to search through your ideas and songs.
Here’s a fun songwriting exercise.
Hit the inspiration button to randomly generate a quote, joke or phrase.
Try to write a song based on it.